Monday, April 13, 2009

REEL WORLD: Sci-Fi Returns

M o n d a y , A p r i l 1 3 , 2 0 0 9
Admittedly I am not the biggest Sci-fi fan and could care less for things like Star Trek. I do like Star Wars but you won't catch me quoting it. Anyway, I am into some different kinds of Sci-fi, such as films like Dark City, La cité des enfants perdus (The City of Lost Children) and Pitch Black was great. I would also sink Donnie Darko (top 5 favorite movie of all time) into the off-beat Sci-fi genre. This next movie is for a film simply titled MOON starring Sam Rockwell one of the best new actors from the last 10 years. In 1999 he really took off with his completely different, but both exceptional roles in The Green Mile and the Sci-fi spoof Galaxy Quest (quite funny actually.)

I'm excited to see this film and excited to see how Sam will take control of a film that he is in 90% of the scenes alone or so it appears. Anybody else amped about this?



-Keith




No comments: