Thursday, November 27, 2008

THE B.O.P. x Noodles!

T u r k e y D a y , N o v e m b e r 2 7 , 2 0 0 8

After a tough night of hoops down at 24Hour Fitness, Keith and I have been known to frequently venture off to our favorite stomping grounds - Noodles & Company. As I was waiting for my standard Pad Thai (no carrots or sprouts!), Caesar salad and ciabatta roll, I noticed a card sitting along the table next to us...

It offered a FREE Tasting Tour of the Noodles Menu for "You & 4-6 of your friends." Simply email Erin the manager, figure out a time/date and you're all good to go. Called up JT, Brianna, Ira and Cam and it was time to set things up...

Email sent. Confirmation confirmed. Date set. US = THERE.

Of course Ira is always running late...so Keith made use of the time by catching people in awkward positions.

Moodle Meter -- unnecessary.

Table set.

I don't think I've ever seen Keith order a pop SODA. Always with the water + lemon combo.

Here's Cam probably trying to sound smart and technical. JT makes his thoughts clearly known.

What stylish decor!

Before we knew it...it was time to THROW DOWN. We were treated to 8 regular sized dishes, two huge Salads, free drinks and tons of Rice Krispy treats and cookies. BIG THANKS to the Noodles crew for all of the FREE food!

Chinese Chop Salad!

Mmmm. The Med Salad. Never tried this before but it was DAMN good. Looks like the Caesar Salad will be getting a break.

Mmmmm. Pot stickers.

Japanese Pan Noodles. Amazing.

Penne Rosa. Thanks for the presentation help JT.

Bangkok Curry. This joint was awesome as well.

Here's why Portland is great. Fifty-year-old women wear XXL Dead Serious hoodies. To lunch.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

After we were all filled up and ready to cancel basketball for later that afternoon, Erin the awesome Manager @ Noodles hooked Brianna up with some rubber band play toy type thing for correctly naming every dish we ate and also gave us all some sweet Noodles pens.

She was HYPED. Jt, not so much.

Not sure if that included a smell test or what....

Ira trying to sneak in a WDYWT?

Aha! Mission Accomplished!

And JT goes for some jumping move...

Which I missed...but it apparently involved a 180 twist and perfect plant simultaneously while Cam traded him places. *Just* missed the Olympics guys...


- Nick


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Overall, nice post. Although this part struck me as strange, "Of course Ira is always running late...so Keith made use of the time by catching people in awkward positions."

I seem to remember everyone being late, except for Brianna and me. We were actually 10 minutes EARLY.

Delicious food, though, really. Good call on setting that up.

Anonymous said...

I too was struck strange by that. Since Nick wanted to make it 2:30 an all...And then my promised ride never showed up. But what a WDYWT!

Anonymous said...

nick should not be in charge of taking/choosing pictures. "everything in excess"

Anonymous said...

I work a block away from the Pearl location and my redneck coworkers never want to go.

I'm taking Repeal Day off and I'm willing to bet I'll need a pasta break. I'm going!

p.s. say pop, it's the Oregon way.

Anonymous said...

C'mon Mannah...haven't you noticed I have a 30picture minimum on all my posts?

And what the HELL is pop? I'm not from these parts...