Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Daily Surroundings!!! The "dey got pastries" edition

Sunday I took a nice little trip up to Multnomah Falls. It's located about 15 minutes due east of Portland and is also the 2nd largest waterfall in the United States. I was coaxed into this trip by Nick with the offer of breakfast at the Restaurant located at the bottom of the falls. I've heard of its grandioso Sunday brunch so as you could imagine I was up bright and early. We all decided to take the 1 mile hike up to the top. It seemed like cake, I mean old women and children were all over, and I had been beasting at the gym all week. I was mistaken however. It was a fairly long, difficult hike. As hard as fully paved hikes can get I guess! I blame all the switchbacks for the exhaustion.








Anyway we make it back down from the top trailing an old lady and two young children the entire time. We take one last look at the majestic falls and find our way into the restaurant. Not only is it a Sunday brunch buffet but it's a champagne buffet -- "Yes!" So of course I had the Mimosas flowing. After taking part in the glorious offerings, Nick and I notice an elderly man rocking some "Virginia Tech" AF1 lows neither of us have ever seen before. With a little bit of persuasion I caught the man on his second trip to the buffet. In person Nick and I both felt they were legit. Now I didn't get down on the floor to inspect but upon questioning all he could tell me is he received them from a friend and had no idea about them. The guy was a great sport though, I felt awkward asking to take his pic but he was all about it, he even said, "hell I better take care of these then."



To top it all off when we were leaving, the car parked next to us had the first season of my favorite show of all time sitting in the back of it.


-Keith



6 comments:

Dane said...

I think the swoosh looks off from the pictures...but I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

WTF is up with Nicks hands? Who stands like that in pictures?

Cam

Anonymous said...

I WANTED DONUTS.

BACK OFF.

-Nick

Anonymous said...

Went last weekend. Very disappointed in the buffet.

Unknown said...

Two guys visiting Multnomah falls together? Hmmmmm.

Anyways nice to see a well written blog from some local celebs!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.