Monday, July 7, 2008

Looking for more songs like this!

Just want to give a heads up on the New Nas video for his song "Hero". I love this song, I think its awesome! I have heard well over half the album and all though I like it nothing else sounds remotely close to this. The beat was done by Polo Da Don who is widely used by southern rappers. It's a fishy beat for a gritty New York rapper like Nas but he manages to pull it off well. Take that Hypesta's!




-Keith

Source: worldstarhiphop.com




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good call! File this under one of the few dope tracks Nas has dropped since ’96. (Made You Look and Thief’s Theme also make the list).

Fact is, Nasir has tarnished his career with substandard subject matter and beats that always seem to massacre his lyrical ability. I know The Source awarded “Stillmatic” with a coveted 5 mics rating, but I’ve listened to the album forward, backward, and forward again…I was hardly impressed. “Ether” is wack, and has been consistently overanalyzed and hyped (just like the rest of the album)—wow, he managed to diss Foxy Brown. Dope! He’s just not hungry like he once was.

And Keith, have you checked out the demo version of “It Ain’t Hard To Tell”? One of my favorite songs of all time, and my favorite Nas song after Memory Lane, which is of course the greatest rap diddy ever created.

Here’s a link: http://konstantkontakt.blogspot.com/2007/04/its-demo-its-demo-its-demo-its-demo.html

-Jeremy