Monday, July 14, 2008

What ever happened to....

I was sitting at home tonight after work, flipping through the channels, and I came across the mildly entertaining Celebrity and Hall of Famers Baseball game that ESPN puts on as part of their MLB All-Star weekend coverage, and I began to think and wonder...

What ever happened to MTV's Rock 'N Jock Basketball/Baseball games...

Basketball was what I mainly began to think about... The 3 different height basketball hoops (25 and 50 point baskets), Gary Payton switching between teams only to win in the end (He made a 50 point basket I'm pretty sure too!), and the wild numbers some of the players used to wear (90210 haha!), and who could forget Donald Faison! So I just thought I'd begin to look for some videos on youtube because, cmon...it has just about every piece of garbage ever...But I couldn't manage to find anything but a Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch halftime performance which happen to include some ok but not fulfilling clips, it's an unforgettable performance though!Check it out below!



-Dane




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic Post!

Anonymous said...

I grew up with out the staples of Cable television and I never saw any of these amazinging contests (Weeps 1 tear of sorrow). . .


Cam