Sunday, May 31, 2009

Road Trip : San Francisco Day 2

F r i d a y , M a y 2 9 , 2 0 0 9
After closing out Monday night in rough fashion...we kicked things off by stopping by SELF EDGE just down the street from our spot to say hello to Kiya and the gang. As always, it's a great shop featuring some nice denim and workwear that's just a bit too anti-2006 camo shorts/streetwear tee/gaudy shoes for me -- but I've always loved the place.

Check out these Flat Heads...*impressive*....
text

Then on a great recommendation from the crew...we hit up Pearl's Burgers off Jones/Post.

Absolutely now adding this to my list of *must eat* spots in SF.

We all had the Kobe beef burgers -- AMAZING.

Dude runnin' the joint was nice as hell too. Great spot.
text

text
DOIN IT.
text
After checking out Darkside Initiative...we wanted to swing by Coit Tower to get what's allegedly the best look at the city....
text
GREAT.
text
This'll do...somewhat....I'm standing on a garbage dumpster.
text
Then we headed down to Haight Street to hit some spots. TRUE is definitely the Compound of SF.

STUFF. EVERYWHERE.

[Disclaimer : THESE ARE REAL TEES.]
text
text
And I'm actually mad I didn't grab this.

How unreal is this tee?
text
TRUE also has a sister sneaker store next door...
text
Obviously we didn't buy anthing. But I def got love for the shop cause they carry the mag!
text
Then Ira wanted to check out RVCA. I wasn't too keen on it, but I was impressed by what I'd label the most overdone waiting area I've ever seen.
text
Checked out Shoebiz next, which has a 2nd floor that's entirely dedicated to adidas Originals....it was pretty impressive and well laid out...but that Jeremy Scott shit is wild as hell...
text
text
After checking out HUF on Hayes...they suggested we run across the street for some good pizza to catch Game 4 of the Cavs/Magic series. My good friend I grew up with that I haven't seen in 3 years, Kristin, joined us for the night. She loves sports, fought a UFC match, and at the end of the night danced on a mini-stage at the Beauty Bar. All of the guys approved.
text
Mikey's boy Che joined us as well. This guy can Swag Surf like no other.
text
And then basically this set the tone for the night....hit Bender's after and closed the night out at Beauty Bar...can't wait to be back...
text

-Nick


1 comment:

Mannie Freshest said...

the "kanye piece" shirt is a must cop!