Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Years Rappin'

S a t u r d a y , J a n u a r y 1 0 , 2 0 0 9
It being a new year The B.O.P only saw it fitting to make resolutions, but what could we do to switch things up a bit from your normal new years resolution? Since The B.O.P is located in Portland and entirely white (or, at least, we each have a good portion of white blood in us) we decided to go with something that is very close to Portlanders and white people alike: rap lyrics.

Each of us chose our New Years Resolution and it's translation in relation to our lives.


Cam:
I wake up to get my cake up!

--Get up for work earlier.
This one's actually a lot better than it sounds, he wakes up for work anywhere between 7 am and 10:30...

Dane:
Yes I do it big, call me lil astronomical, Weezy F. Baby and the F is for PHenomenal

--Keep doin' what I'm doin'.
I couldn't have said it better myself...

Ira:
Eh yo them {expletive deleted} from the 3-2, said I can’t breeze through
the forty if I cop bottles, we can’t believe you.
Me who? Please boo. Landin’ in that G2,
Same color as beef stew, favorite letters; GQ.
That’s me, true. peace blue, Hebrew
Lawyer on my side keep me out of jail to fee stoop, skeet whoo,
but it might lead to, that R2-D2, the mobsters creep through.

--Initially I was stumped, so I typed "ignorant rap lyrics" into Google and this is what it came up with. I don't think there is any search that will more directly link you to matching content than this. What it says about me, I dunno. I like R2-D2 and GQ, but I dislike beef stew and marginally dislike forty's, so I dunno...

JT:
and I got'em nauseous, we be in Ferraris, the cars with the horses
Last year I got Porsche Money this year Ferrari Money

--JT chose a different lyric, but had it vetoed by the rest of The B.O.P. (plus I deleted it from my phone...), so as a result he's gotta get that Ferrari money.

Keith:
standing at my podium, trying to watch my sodium

-- be the best Keith I can be.

Nick:
I'ma buy cars, I'ma get clothes, I'ma rock jewels, I'ma fuck ho's,
I'ma smoke weed, Got a lotta drank, steppin out gator, coca-cola mink

--Well...I think this one is pretty self explanatory. Buy cars, buy clothes, buy jewelry ( among other stuff) and have intercourse with women who are likely to unleash multiple STD's upon you. Sounds like a pretty good year to me.

--Ira


No comments: