Thursday, May 15, 2008

Actual Work Day...

8:40 am. Woke up to this view from the hotel room. Petco Park is pretty impressive in person.

















9:45 am. Walked 4 blocks to the Pony offices. See -- that's the brand we're checking in with. Caught up w/ the great Capt. Colin, Chad, Kyle and the crew.

Let's take a look back at failed past campaigns and the EXACT reason why everyone under the old regime got fired.
































So that's a guy. Dunking. In tri-captured slow-mo. Over a pony. Exactly.

So the reason we're here is to collaborate on some collaborations. I'll just say that in 6 hours of work...we talked about shoes...went to lunch w/ top notch talent serving us...and worked on 4 different shoes. 2 will drop. 1 for me. 1 for Mikey. Gonna be honest...it's a decent job.

So here's the best sneak I can give. Both dropping are AWESOME. (Mikey's not so much...haha) Hopefully these can vault Pony back to some respectability cause I think we did a niiiiiice job on 'em.

Straight Cash x SC.
















Pony x SC. Details/Materials are NICE. (100,000+ celebration?)
















And then Mikey and I worked on some of our own. I think you can guess who did which colors.
















6:15 pm. Left the offices and grabbed some food to watch the Spurs smash the Hornets. What a BORING series.

8:25 pm. Went back to the Pony office w/ Chad to work on some stuff for the night and talk to Zac for TWO HOURS on some final things for Issue 23.

Here's some stuff Capt. Colin had for me. He worked for Rbk for 4 years dealing w/ NBA athletes and celebrity marketing. Since Rbk had the NBA license, he still has a bunch of official game patches.

Got the Ginoooooobili digits for you Dane! Home & Away game numbers.
Kings + CWebb #4 patch for myself...
Signed QRich Clippers #3 & Baron Davis All-Star #5's if anyone wants em.
Got some BBC Japan Opening party favors from '05 when Tokyo launched...Ice Cream spoon keychain...hahaha...

...and best of all? Bulls official game shorts patches. Even better part? They're fully adhesive backed. AWESOME.















12:50 am. Finally left the Pony office. Long day of the easiest hard work ever. Good stuff.

-Nick


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to San Diego a couple of years ago on a family vacation. The Gaslamp District was awesome....like really awesome.

I bet you if Gerald Green would've dunked over that pony in Arthurian armour, he would've taken the contest away from Dwight "I Didn't Even Touch the Rim" Howard. Just saying.

And yo, Pony is awesome. I can't wait to see what you guys have in-store. The Starter '08 and Trifecta are righteous. What was the full-patent red joint that looked similar to the Quick (except what seemed to be an ankle strap) in your Pony article?


-Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Still gonna have to say my job is slightly better.

-JT

Dane said...

Really? I'm pretty sure mine tops them all...

Good lookin' on the digits Nick. Swoop me a jersey and his letters also so I can use them for something haha...

Btw, I'm in portland all-summer. Anyone got jobs for me?