Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Of Nikes and Nepotism

How does a box that travels from Wilsonville, Oregon to downtown Portland look like this on arrival?



















I mean, it's only eighteen miles. I mapquested it. Ok, I mapquested a building on the same block because I couldn't remember the address, but you get the idea. Eighteen.

Quote of the week:

Overheard in the 24hr Fitness locker room as CNN blares overhead and as I was getting ready to leave.

Guy 1: So, who are you going to vote for?

Guy 2: Well, I'm not a naturalized citizen, so I can't vote. But I'd vote for Romney.

Guy 1: Oh, I don't think he's running anymore.

Guy 2: Yeah I know, I'd vote for him anyway. Or Jeb Bush, it's too bad he's not running.

Guy 1: Why would you vote for him?

Guy 2: We've already had two Bushes and they were both pretty good, so I'd feel comfortable with him running the country.

(I look around the room to give someone the did-that-just-happen look, finding no one, I look into the mirror and when our eyes meet we understand. We both understand.)

Guy 1: Oh.

--Ira

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bros Before Hoes?

Once you go Barack, you never Go Back?

First time voting in November.

-Jeremy