Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bus Rider of The Week

So, I hop on the bus in DT Portland and walk directly to one of the first forward facing seats on the back of the bus. When I got on I noticed two young girls sitting in the first row of side facing seats on the right side of the bus. The girls were probably about 16, 17 years old. One of them seemed upset and you could tell she had been crying and the other was next to her with a stroller and a baby. It's not out of the ordinary to see such a scene on the bus I take, as it does travel from downtown to Gresham which is a landmark for meth addiction and teenage motherhood.

Anyways, I take my seat near the rear of the bus and notice a gentleman rocking a fully tucked pink button up right behind me, he was doing it tough for a guy roughly pushing his mid to late 40's. I think nothing of it until he taps me on the shoulder. I remove my headphones and he kindly asks to borrow a pen. I reach into my bag and hand'em one. He rips off a piece of paper and proceeds to write a note on it. I have no idea what it says but I was a bit intrigued I guess. He then hands the pen back and thanks me. He was a really nice guy!

As he hands it back I notice the girl who had been crying get up as if about to get off the bus and the girl with the baby is right behind her. As the girl with the baby is completely standing the man behind me makes a quick dash over to her and hands her the note, baby in arms and all. She looks directly at him, takes the note, shakes her head with a roll of the eyes and leaves. It was an obvious attempt at an extremely older gentleman trying to hit on an underage girl with a baby. What was his thought process here? I'm not an authority on underage females but I can say with pretty solid certainty these girls were no older than 17! Let me ask this, the girl who had been crying was much cuter than the girl with the baby, do you think the guy had sympathy for the girl who was upset and settled for the one with the baby?

































-Keith

No comments: