Friday, April 4, 2008

"I'm currently enrolled in a lifetime recovery program"















So, this arrived in the mail at work the other day and it's taken awhile to digest it.

Enter William Lucchesi, a prospective streetwear shop owner who "got caught up outta state." Being a cog in the wheel of the Maine state prison system, Will has come to me for advice on how to get his shop off the ground when he eventually gets out. I'm kind of torn because I've received a letter from Maine Prisons before (apparently they're ho-ing out copies of Vapors #46 'round Warren way) and I didn't respond.

But I see something different in William, like myself he has "only some college education, mostly street knowledge," so I really want to respond to him, I just don't know what to tell him.

"Sorry guy the industry's on the right side of the bell curve", or "you'd be crazy to open a shoe store in a climate like this." Decisions, decisions.








































BONUS: Flavor of the month fives!!!
This mind-fucked me. Carry on.















--Ira

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Jordan Brand collabing w/ the US NATIONAL MINT?

FUCK OFF LEVIS.

And that William guy seems like a sweetheart.

With his wealth of knowledge obtained through various magazines (good god I hope he reads more than just SC & Vapors) during the PAST TWO AND A HALF YEARS that he's been locked up...I'm sure he'll be able to translate that into operating a fully self-sufficient streetwear store that is not only down with the trends through not having experienced any semblance of "streetwear" in person...but also considering it's both a "reasonable distance from the city and the suburbs" as well as an epic recipe for disaster considering it'll be located in THE STATE OF MAINE.

- nick

Anonymous said...

^ahhh, ahhh my friend, unlike most streetwear brands. William actually has some street cred, though.

Anonymous said...

Yo nick I think you need to send william a autographed copy of SOLE collector. It would rock his world!

Cam

Anonymous said...

^ or he's liable to kill me...

And you know it's true.

He's in jail.

-nick