Monday, April 28, 2008

What the damn happened to Talaria Hype?
















Good lord....I had been watching this auction progress over the past few days...and when I awoke this morning to find it at over $200 I didn't think much of it.

"It's an OG. From '97. It really was over 10 years ago."

I guess I was secretly hoping they ended at the least over $225 since Nike's latest lack of creativity AF1 hybrid retailed as astronomically high.

But really.....$400+?

For an admittedly hot runner that could barely catch $150 a year ago...and that the seller so flawlessly described as having "2 small spots on the right shoe at each side on the white mesh just where it meets the yellow with the laces," doesn't it seem a bit high?

I guess the moral of the story is this:

There's a Talaria Retro on the way. There you go.

Just like the OG Neon colorway...the Neon toe is still there....but a large portion of the midfoot cradle is now black, and there's metallic silver piping too. And they're DEAD SEXY. Dare I say it? Even hotter than the OG.

So yeah...go drop some multi-hundreds on that next pair on ebay....or just wait around for the Retro and Zoom95 it like me when you can get each pair for $65.

_Nick




3 comments:

Unknown said...

i had actually been watchin these too. and I woke up and did the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Yo . . . too many 13's in our group I had these on the watch list as well. Now I really need a pair of the AF1's due to all this hype!

Cam

Anonymous said...

Dem is hott!