Monday, April 21, 2008

Thug Boss Clothing: A Preview

I was recently alerted to Thug Boss(unfortunately not by I.G. design) clothing or as they have poorly acronym-ed themselves "TGB$". As I looked for anything on their site that remotely resembled a mission statement I stumbled upon this Nietzsche-like quip, "Money is the motivation".








First, lets take a step back and look at the wonder that is "Thug Boss"(see what I did? I threw you into the middle of the action and then pulled you right back out. That's how we do it in the big leagues). This being their first season they don't have to adhere to the strict guidelines of the streetwear grading system(kinda like GEM, but for crappy tee shirts instead of your Adonal Foyle jersey card). I present the best(?) of "The Now Collection":

"Crack Rock Rich"















Yes, I know. They've managed to bastardize a classic cartoon that their target audience will barely be able to make a connection to and sing the praises of a violent and ruthless drug that has plagued the black community for a quarter century...I guess the super hero is Freeway Ricky Ross, then?

Thug Boss:1
Communities torn apart by the crack epidemic:0

"Sold Soles"














What makes a true Thug Boss, you might ask. Two things: Dunk SB's and anarchy. So what better way to show your love for limited edition sneakers and upheaval of the government system then by combing the two! OMG, it matches Grape VIII's!

"Big Bank"














"Big bank takes little bank is an old hood game that trained you to keep big dough on you. The person with the biggest bank got more by taking yours. Now, THUG BOSS wants to play the world."

Kay, I guess this one keeps with the themes of Thug Bossery and Money as the motivation. It comes in white and black, two colors that any thug worth his salt has hanging in his closet. Hmm, maybe I'm not that good at this...

I could be wrong(I'm not) and Thug Boss is a pretty good line(it isn't) or maybe I just don't understand the struggle from whence TBG$ came and, maybe, I just don't fit into their target demogr-HOLD ON THESE ARE FROM THEIR LOOKBOOK?! AND THATS THEIR OWNER!?! WITH A X-MEN ON HIS SHIRT!? THE SMART ONE TOO? NOT WOLVERINE? OMG NOT THUG!


































AND THIS IS A THUG BOSS THUG PARTY!?!













Always remember kids, Money is the Motivation.

Ugh..(that was an exasperated ugh, not a thuggishly Master P elongated ugghh, either)

--Ira

No comments: